Wednesday 9 May 2012

Heston!

So last night I had the privilege of seeing Heston Blumenthial live in Melbourne.

I have got to say that he is one of the most amazing inspiring person to have entered the culinary world!
He not only has two amazing michelin star restaurant ( The Fat Duck and Dinner) which produce some almost unbelievable scientific dishes, but his personal achievement List is incredible including chef of the year for 2010 and 2011, an Order of the British Empire by Her Majesty the Queen and his cookbook "The Big Fat Duck" has recently been announced the best cookbook of the year worldwide.

He has truly inspired me as a Chef by putting his scientific spin on some already fabulous classic French dishes and yet he still makes them somewhat better than the originals.

His show last night was really to quote Heston " falling down a rabbit hole into wonderland" he made the audience feel like a child again enjoying every moment and seeing food with all our Senses.

As you can probably tell I am almost truly in love with this mans work and talent that by the time I reach my prime of my career if I am a fraction of the chef that he is I will consider myself a very luck woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment